It all began here: the Porsche 356 was Porsche’s first production automobile, initially by Austrian company Porsche Konstruktionen GesmbH (1948–1949), then by German company Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche GmbH (1950–1965). The basic design of the 356 is still the core of Porsche’s sports car philosophy to this day: lightweight, nimble-handling, rear-engine, rear-wheel drive available in hardtop coupé and open configurations.
The last revision of the 356 was the 356 C introduced for the 1964 model year. It featured what was then rare all around disc brakes and the most powerful pushrod engine Porsche had ever produced, the 95 hp (71 kW) "SC". The 356 C was one of Porsche’s most successful models, and its sales continued in North America even in the early days 911 as some critics decried the latter as too heavy and “civilized”.
This 1964 model went through a thorough fully documented (with pictres) restoration in 1991 and repainted Champagne Yellow (originally Black) with a completely redone Saddle Brown interior (originally Black). The current motor (also built in 1964 for the 1965 Model Year) on the vehicle is showing only 8,313 miles on the Odometer, and the Chasis Code and Transmission are number matched to the Certificate of Authenticity. The current owner maintains complete service records since the 1991 restoration.